Creamy condensed milk frosting meets fluffy chocolate cupcake in this new recipe for Kinder Bueno Cupcakes. You are about to enter chocolate bar baking heaven…
This recipe has been a few months in the making after I first promised it you. These Kinder Bueno Cupcakes turn the chocolate bar inside out. Expect a light, moist chocolate cupcake, topped in an irresistibly smooth condensed milk frosting, AND with a surprise Nutella centre. This cupcake ticks every Kinder Bueno flavour profile.
If 2016 has taught me one thing (already!), it is that you guys LOVE to bake with your favourite chocolate bars. How do I know this? Because you pinned my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies over 100 times and shared my Caramel Mars Bar Cookies recipe on Facebook a phenomenal 50 times. And I’m not even going to go into those Honeycomb Crunchie Cookies.
If chocolate bar recipes are what you want, chocolate bar recipes are what you will get!
Cookies and brownies have had a lot of love here lately, so I thought it was time the cupcake got a turn. That and the fact that my super cute handmade single cupcake stand arrived all the way from California (I’m in Devon, UK!) a few weeks ago and I have been dying to use it!
130g caster sugar
2 large eggs
20ml milk, I used skimmed
100g self raising flour
30g cocoa powder (I used 100% cocoa)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
12 teaspoons Nutella
1 teaspoon hazelnut syrup OR vanilla extract
75ml condensed milk
450g icing sugar
12 mini Kinder chocolate bars
- Preheat your fan oven to 180’C and line a tray with cupcake cases. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and milk. Mix until combined, adding a little flour if you need to stop the mixture from curdling.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder until the mixture is smooth again. I like to mix my cocoa powder and flour together first to ensure even distribution of chocolateyness in the cupcakes.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until well risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, use a cupcake corer or knife to cut out the centre of each cupcake. Fill each cupcake with a tablespoon of Nutella (don’t you love surprise centres?!).
- Mix the butter, condensed milk, icing sugar, and syrup or extract together until smooth, then pipe the condensed milk frosting on top. I really recommend using the hazelnut syrup for an authentic Kinder Bueno flavour, but if you don’t want to buy some then vanilla extract will still result in a yummy cupcake. Add your mini Kinder chocolate bars to the top and some grated milk chocolate for a final flourish!
Do you use chocolate bars or confectionery to inspire your baking?
If you have a baking blog or biz (or are dreaming of one!) don’t forget to check out my in-depth step-by-step posts to help grow your cake blog + biz AND get access to my free Resource Library of printables, e-guides, and checklists by clicking below:
You can also find me on…