Decadent, gooey, and full of Terry’s Chocolate Orange flavour, these Brownies will be a big hit with everyone!
These brownies have been a long time in the making. Your favourite recipe of 2015 was my Cookie Dough Brownies, so they just had to be on the menu for January too! You can never have too much of a good thing, especially when it comes to your favourite bakes. Another favourite recipe last year was my Chocolate Orange Marshmallow Crispy Bars, which I baked for a Macmillan Coffee Morning and were the first bake to sell out!
These Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies are the perfect fusion of gooey, fudgey brownies with a little bit of cake so they aren’t too intense with all of the chocolate orange flavours! If you want gooey brownies, try my Hazelnut Brownies recipe here, and if you prefer them cakier opt for my S’mores Brownies!
120g caster sugar
60g light brown sugar
1 tsp orange essence or zest of one orange
1 Terry’s chocolate orange, roughly chopped
30g cocoa powder
100g self raising flour
50g white chocolate, for drizzling
Zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C and line a brownies tin, mine is about 20cm square.
2. Cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Then mix in the orange essence and chopped chocolate orange pieces. I left them in about 1cm chunks to get maximum indulgence from the giant gooey chocolate chips they make.
3. Beat in your eggs, then fold in the flour and cocoa powder. If your mixture began to curdle when you added the eggs, a little bit of the flour should bring it back to a smooth batter again.
4. Spoon into your tin, level the surface and bake for 20-25 minutes until the Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies no longer wobble and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
5. Let the brownies cool before piping on melted white chocolate and grating some orange zest over the top for a moreish splash of colour!
6. Serve warm, as they are or with some of my refreshing No-Churn Three Ingredient Orange Ice Cream or a dollop of clotted cream for the ultimate indulgence
These Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies lasted about three hours in my house before they were all eaten up! I hope they are just as warmly welcomed in yours! Join in the baking chat on my Facebook page for more 🙂 Tomorrow will see Jane’s Patisserie offer her second blog post, her Top 10 Tips for Food Blogging!
If you have a baking blog or biz (or are dreaming of one!) don’t forget to check out my in-depth step-by-step posts to help grow your cake blog + biz AND get access to my free Resource Library of printables, e-guides, and checklists by clicking below:
You can also find me on…