Packed full of flavour, these gooey and chewy bakery style Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies are about to become your new family favourite…
*This post contains affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using one of the affiliate links posted on this site*
When I shared with you my go-to recipe (and it’s one that I go back to A LOT) for Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies last year, I let you into one of my biggest taste obsessions: peanut butter! Stereotypical or not, there is something so irresistible about peanut butter, and when you team it with chocolate? Well, it just gets better!
That’s why I decided to put my Christmas overload of Reese’s chocolate to good use and create this new re
cipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies. They’ve been a big hit in my house – my boyfriend managed to demolish four in about as many minutes – so I hope you love them as much as we do. And if you do, I’d love for you to say so in the comments below or on my Facebook page!
This recipe makes about 15 large cookies. They are gooey and chewy bakery-style cookies, just the way I love them, but if you prefer them crispier just add a minute or two to the baking time.
90g brown sugar
90g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
30g cocoa powder
170g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet of Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped (stock up here and you can make these cookies on demand! – and who doesn’t want that?!)
1. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and preheat your fan oven to 180’C.
2. Cream together the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.
3. Add the cocoa powder, self raising flour and baking powder. Mix until evenly combined and there are no streaks of unconsolidated flour left.
4. Fold in your chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
until evenly spread through the cookie dough.
5. Scoop out equal sized balls of dough using two teaspoons, a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop to get them equal sized. Bake at 180’C for 10-12 minutes until the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies have spread and look a little crinkly on top. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
I love these cookies in every situation – with a cup of coffee, for an elevensies snack, for a midnight snack, for an anytime in between snack… and I’m pretty sure you will too!
If you’ve been wanting to start your own baking blog or simply to create your own recipes like I do, you can find out my secrets for sweet success in my free Recipe Development Cheat Sheet within my resource library for bakers. Simply click the image to sign up and get your copy!
You can also find me on…