We provide this privacy statement explaining our online information practices, so that you can decide whether and how to interact with the Site and the Services.
We may release your information when we deem it appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Contact Data and Other Identifiable Information
This site collects certain user information, which may include a username and password, contact information, or any other data that you type in to the site. It may also identify your IP address to help identify you on future visits to the site. At our discretion, the Site may use this data to:
- Personalize the user experience and/or customer service
- Improve the site
- To process transactions
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature or function
- Send email to users
Mobile Device Privacy
The following applies to our site, when viewed on a mobile device:
When accessed with a mobile deivce, our site may collect information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you have, device identifiers, and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content.
If location services are activated on your mobile device, our site may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account with us, or with your personally identifiable information.
In most Internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the Site may not operate properly.
Usernames, Passwords, and Profiles
If prompted, Users must provide a valid email address to the Site, at which the User can receive messages. User must also update the Site if that email address changes. The Site reserves the right to terminate any User account if a valid email is requested but is not provided by the User.
If the Site prompts or allows a User to create a username or profile, Users agree not to pick a username or provide any profile information that would impersonate someone or that is likely to cause confusion with any other person or entity. The Site reserves the right to cancel a User account or change a username or profile data at any time. Similarly, if the Site prompts or allows a User to create an avatar or upload a picture, User agrees not to use any image that impersonates some other person or entity, or that is otherwise likely to cause confusion.
You are responsible for protecting your username and password for the Site, and you agree not to disclose it to any third party. We recommend that you use a passwork that is more than eight characters long. You are responsible for all activity on your account, whether or not you authorized it. You agree to inform us of unauthorized use of your account, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your interactions the Site, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection, virtual private network, or other appropriate measures.
We are based in Somerset and you are contracting to use our Site. This Policy and all matters arising from your use of the Site are governed by and will be construed according to the laws of Somerset, without regard to any choice of laws rules of any jurisdiction. The federal courts and state courts that have geographical jurisdiction over disputes arising at our office location in Somerset will be the only permissible venues for any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy or the Site and Service.
Notwithstanding anything that may be contrary within the “Disputes” provisions above, all matters, and all claims within a multi-claim matter, that are arbitrable, including all claims for monetary damages, shall be decided by a single arbitrator to be selected by us, who shall hold hearings in or near Somerset, under the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please address them to email@example.com.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Knead to Dough may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 08/06/16.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email addresses. Email addresses are stored by the email service provider MailChimp indefinitely after an individual completes an email sign-up form to actively opt-in (two-step) to an email list. Opting-in to any such email list is not compulsory for general browsing of this site, but it is usually required to access the website’s resource library, access opt-in incentives (such as the Sweeten Up Your Social Media E-Guide) and to receive Knead to Dough’s email newsletters, which can be editorial, promotional and research-focussed.If you do not wish to sign up to my email list but would still like to receive the Sweeten Up Your Social Media E-Guide or access the Resource Library, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may send email newsletters that we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us – email email@example.com
- Under the GDPR, you have the right to request to see the data we store, review the data we store, request corrections to the data we store and ask to have the data we store moved or deleted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any such queries or requests. If you are unhappy with the handling of these requests, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the ICO.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners please visithttp://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
These terms were last updated on 23rd May 2018