Zesty lemon and zingy blueberries make these muffins sweet, fresh, and utterly delicious!
Save this recipe for later – pin it to Pinterest!
You might have noticed I’m on a bit of a muffin hype at the moment. In the last few weeks I’ve also shared a yummy recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Muffins and have another on the kitchen workbench as we speak.
Muffins appeal a lot at the moment for several reasons. They’re incredibly quick and easy to make, easy to involve the family with, and great for sharing at picnics or get-togethers. That’s why I’ve created these zingy fresh Lemon and Blueberry Muffins which are perfect for Spring and Summer.
For more delicious cake recipes, check out this Cake & Cupcakes board full of recipe inspiration on Pinterest!
This recipe makes 12 good-sized Lemon and Blueberry Muffins and can be all done in 45 minutes.
1 medium egg
75ml vegetable oil
140ml milk (I used skimmed)
150g golden caster sugar
225g self raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat your fan oven to 180’C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Lightly mix the egg, oil, and milk in a bowl until just combined.
- In another bowl mix the self raising flour, cinnamon, golden caster sugar, lemon zest, and baking powder. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until it just comes together. It’s really important not to overmix your muffin batter.
- Sprinkle in your blueberries and lightly mix through the batter.
- Spoon the Lemon and Blueberry Muffins batter equally into the 12 cases.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 25 minutes. Cool for a few minutes in the tray before placing on a wire rack until fully cooled.
I enjoyed my Lemon and Blueberry Muffin on the patio in the sunshine, before sharing the rest with my housemates to help get them through their exam revision!
What is your favourite flavour muffin?
If you have a baking blog or biz (or are dreaming of one!) don’t forget to check out my in-depth step-by-step posts to help grow your cake blog + biz AND get access to my free Resource Library of printables, e-guides, and checklists by clicking below:
You can also find me on…