Gooey, chewy chocolate cookies filled with pieces of honeycomb Crunchie bars! If these Honeycomb Crunchie Cookies don’t take you to cookie-heaven, I don’t know what will. Even better, they’re done in 20 minutes!
Last week was a phenomenal week when it comes to Knead to Dough, doubling my monthly views from December and January isn’t even finished yet! Needless to say, it’s been exciting, and a HUGE amount of the success is owed to these Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies. The recipe has taken off in a way I haven’t seen before and I am over the moon – if you haven’t seen it yet, entice yourself here.
Seeing as chocolate bar themes have been a favourite with you (my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Crispy Squares being another example), I’ve planned many more for the next few months. Think Kinder Bueno Cupcakes and Magic Star Brownies (a trip down memory lane, anyone?). The first of these recipes, however, is this one – Honeycomb Crunchie Cookies.
This recipe makes about 15 large cookies. They are gooey and chewy bakery-style cookies, just the way I love them, but if you prefer them crispier just add a minute or two to the baking time.
90g brown sugar
90g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
30g cocoa powder
170g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 Crunchies, chopped
1. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and preheat your fan oven to 180’C.
2. Cream together the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.
3. Add the cocoa powder, self raising flour and baking powder. Mix until evenly combined and there are no streaks of unconsolidated flour left.
4. Fold in your chopped Crunchies until evenly spread through the cookie dough.
5. Scoop out equal sized balls of dough using two teaspoons, a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop to get them equal sized. Bake at 180’C for 10-12 minutes until the Honeycomb Crunchies Cookies have spread and look a little crinkly on top. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
I enjoyed these cookies with a mug of coffee, with my morning cup of tea, as a midnight snack, and in a packed lunch. Basically, I love these Honeycomb Crunchie Cookies whatever time of day it is and I think you will too! Tag #kneadtodough if you bake them or share them to my Facebook page!
This Sunday will be the launch of my baking column, Teatime, so comment below or get in touch on social media to share with me any baking questions you want answering!
If you have a baking blog or biz (or are dreaming of one!) don’t forget to check out my in-depth step-by-step posts to help grow your cake blog + biz AND get access to my free Resource Library of printables, e-guides, and checklists by clicking below:
You can also find me on…