Ultra decadent double chocolate muffins with a super-soft chocolate sponge, topped with milk chocolate and drizzled with white… this recipe is every chocoholic’s dream!
Disclaimer: I was sent products to create this recipe for free by Dr Oetker in return for this recipe post and review. All opinions within this post are my own and not influenced by the company in any way.
Here at Knead to Dough, it’ll only take one glance of my recipe library for you to guess that I love above all other bakes, the ones that are five minutes from finished when they come out of the oven. If I’ve got all day, I’ll happy play with frostings for a super pretty cake, but most often, time is tight so a quick drizzle of chocolate or a dash of sprinkles is all it’s going to get.
That’s not to say quick bakes can’t still be beautiful (or delicious!) though – my Chocolate Orange Brownies, Cream Cheese-Stuffed Snickerdoodle Bread and Lavender & Vanilla Shortbread Stars are testament to that. And today, I hope to add this Dr Oetker Double Chocolate Muffins recipe to the collection of simple bakes that are ultra delicious.
This recipe makes 12 good-sized muffins and can go from mixing bowl to plate in under an hour!
200g plain flour
1 Dr Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder sachet (25g)
3 Dr Oetker Baking Powder sachets (15g)
115g light brown sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
115g unsalted butter, melted
1 Dr Oetker Milk Easy Choc pot
150g Dr Oetker Fine Cooks’ White Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C fan and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin or cupcake tin.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar, then make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, mix the egg, melted butter and milk together. Gradually pour this mix into the centre of dry ingredients, stirring at the same time, until the mixture forms a thick, smooth batter.
- Divide the batter equally between the muffin tins – they will be quite full. Smooth the tops and bake for about 20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch. A skewer inserted into the centre of each will come out clean when the muffins are cooked.
- Cool in the muffin tins for 10 minutes before turning on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the Easy Choc Milk as directed on the packet, with short bursts in the microwave, and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Arrange the double chocolate muffins, still on the wire rack, over a board or tray lined with baking parchment. Using a teaspoon, generously spoon the Easy Choc over the top to cover them, allowing it to drip down the sides for an indulgent look. Leave them for a few minutes to set.
- Dr Oetker recommend that you melt the white chocolate and, using a teaspoon, drizzle a little across the tops of the muffins. After a few more minutes to set, your double chocolate muffins are ready to devour! I decided to change things up and add grated white chocolate to the milk chocolate-covered tops of my muffins for a pretty twist.
If you have a baking blog or biz (or are dreaming of one!) don’t forget to check out my in-depth step-by-step posts to help grow your cake blog + biz AND get access to my free Resource Library of printables, e-guides, and checklists by clicking below:
You can also find me on…