A lightly spiced cinnamon muffin topped with an irresistible Snickerdoodle crust.
Like the look of this recipe? Pin the image above for later!
Rainy days are the perfect excuse for baking with warming Snickerdoodle flavours. I am a big fan of muffins. I love their light texture, moistness, and how easy they are to bake. Today I’m sharing with you my most comforting muffin recipe – Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Muffins!
After the success of my Cream Cheese-Stuffed Snickerdoodle Apple Bread, I just had to bake with Snickerdoodle again. This recipe makes 12 good sized muffins and takes about 45 minutes start to finish.
1 medium egg
75ml vegetable oil
140ml milk (I used skimmed)
150g light brown sugar
225g self raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the Snickerdoodle Crust:
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
25g golden caster or demerera sugar
- Preheat your fan oven to 180’C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Lightly mix the egg, oil, and milk in a bowl until just combined.
- In another bowl mix the self raising flour, cinnamon, light brown sugar, and baking powder. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until it just comes together. It’s really important not to overmix your muffin batter.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping together.
- Spoon the Snickerdoodle Muffins batter equally into the 12 cases, then sprinkle the Snickerdoodle on top for a bit of crunch and a flavour hit.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 25 minutes. Cool for a few minutes in the tray before placing on a wire rack until fully cooled.
I enjoyed mine with a cup of coffee this afternoon, but these would also be a delicious breakfast muffin.
What are your favourite ways to bake with Snickerdoodle flavours?
If you have a baking blog or biz (or are dreaming of one!) don’t forget to check out my in-depth step-by-step posts to help grow your cake blog + biz AND get access to my free Resource Library of printables, e-guides, and checklists by clicking below:
You can also find me on…