Gooey caramel with an intense chocolate hit, you are bound to fall in love with these chewy Mars Bar Cookies!
Last week I promised you a new cupcake recipe featuring one of your favourite chocolate bars but… my cravings got the better of me, so the Kinder Buenos went back into the cupboard and the Mars bars came out to play. Hopefully these Caramel Mars Bar Cookies will help you to forgive me. They can even be made from scratch in 20 minutes! If that’s not enough, the cupcakes will be on my blog in two weeks, so it’s a win-win, chocolate feasting situation.
Remember these Honeycomb Crunchie Cookies recipe I shared about a month ago? Well today’s recipe is the gooey rich caramel equivalent to the crunchy honeycomb. I hope you’ll love these just as much – my taste testers certainly did!
This recipe makes about 15 good-sized Caramel Mars Bar Cookies. They are gooey and chewy bakery-style cookies, just the way I love them, but if you prefer them crispier just add a minute or two to the baking time. Don’t forget to sign up in the top right to get more recipes just like this one delivered to your inbox weekly!
90g brown sugar
90g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
30g cocoa powder
170g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 Mars bars, chopped
1. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and preheat your fan oven to 180’C.
2. Cream together the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg.
3. Add the cocoa powder, self raising flour and baking powder. Mix until evenly combined and there are no streaks of unconsolidated flour left.
4. Fold in your chopped Mars bars until evenly spread through the cookie dough.
5. Scoop out equal sized balls of dough using two teaspoons, a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop to get them equal sized. Bake at 180’C for 10-12 minutes until the Caramel Mars Bar Cookies have spread and look a little crinkly on top. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Chocolate and caramel are a match made in heaven. Throw in that perfect, chewy bakery-style cookie you crave? This recipe is a winner all round, whether (like me!) you’ve got a sweet craving or you want a nice homemade treat for when family or friends come round.
If you have a baking blog or biz (or are dreaming of one!) don’t forget to check out my in-depth step-by-step posts to help grow your cake blog + biz AND get access to my free Resource Library of printables, e-guides, and checklists by clicking below:
You can also find me on…